Mike and Melinda May
puppies occasionally • stud service • herding lessons on a limited basis • started dogs rarely
• WTCH CHOCTAW FRISKY INSPIRATOR RTDcs RD DNA-CP (deceased)
• WTCH CROWN POINT CRICKETONTHEHEARTH RTDs PADVs HTD-Isc HRD-IIs DNA-VP
• WTCH HULLABALOO OPIE TAYLOR MAYD RTDcs DNA-VP
• HOF WTCH W LAZY J U BETCHA DNA-VP (co-owned with Dana Mackenzie)
• WTCH HULLABALOO INSPIRED BY U DNA-VP
• HULLABALOO U BET I'M FRISKY STDcsd DNA-VP
• HULLABALOO BEAU'S BLUEYE HAZEL DNA-VP
• HK1 JK2 EK3 HULLABALOO'S VIKSU SUSI OTDsd STDc DNA-VP
• WTCH HULLABALOO U BET I CAN DNA-VP
• HULLABALOO MX626 “KID” QUIGLEY AX OAJ PD2 PS2 PJz PG1 PK1 TDI MSD CGC
• HULLABALOO BEAU BILLY BYU STDsd
Our commitment is to preserving the working Aussie in the real world...dogs that exhibit superior intelligence and learn jobs quickly with minimal instruction. It began with the purchase of one truly exceptional dog that led us into the world of ASCA and breeding working Aussies. We are fortunate to say that we bought the dog for the stockwork...not the other way around.
We look for dogs that have a strong sense of group and can pasture gather with minimal direction. Dogs that are honest workers and responsible for their stock are of utmost importance to us...we don't have time to sew stuff up or repair fences. We strive to produce dogs that are strong on both ends and get the job done with minimal fuss.
We use our dogs regularly in the pasture and pens; working cattle (Brangus, Brangus crosses) , sheep (Katahdin, Dorper, Barb crosses) and occasionally goats. Our dogs are expected to stay with the job until it's done. They work slightly rolling terrain and gather out of cedar thickets and open pastures, as well as pen and chute work and loading trailers. We keep a few ducks around for trial training, and the dogs are also quite handy at putting the chickens up at night.
We strive to produce structurally correct, healthy dogs with solid temperaments and a strong desire to please their human partners and work as a team. Our dogs tend to be quite responsive to handler correction...it only takes a little to get a lot from them.