CROWN POINT – ASCA Hall of Fame Kennel #37
Kaye Harris, Berthound, CO
email@example.com – 970-535-4343
- puppies occasionally
- stud service
- herding lessons
- registered Polled Hereford cattle
- commercial hair sheep
- Kaye is a stockdog trial judge for ASCA, AHBA, and AKC
- Hall of Fame Sire LAS ROCOSA KUBLIA KHAN CROWN POINT RDX RTDcs. Khan was High Combined at the first ASCA National Stockdog Finals held in Pasadena Texas in 1988. His accomplishments are legendary.
- WTCH MIGHTY FINE SECOND CHANCE CD. Chancy was High in Trial in the 1985 ASCA National Speciality Stockdog Trial. She was a grand old dam, and with Khan produced the foundation sires and dams of some great kennels.
- WTCH CH THE HAWK OF LAS ROCOSA RDX RTDc. Wayne always enjoyed Hawk winning HIT Cattle, Best of Breed, and placing OB, thus winning Most Versatile.
- Hall of Fame Dam BAR LW’S CROWN POINT CHAMOIS
- CH LAS ROCOSA JUSTIN JR OF MTGOLD
- CH LAS ROCOSA MORNING WOLF MTGOLD CD STDs
- Hall of Fame Sire WTCH CROWN POINT STONEWALL JACKSON RTDs TDI. A really handsome dog, Jack helped two females earn their HOF status, each with their one litter. A reallyyyyyy tough cattle dog, his ‘eye’ was such beautiful help working sheep and ducks.
- WTCH CROWN POINT CHIEF OF TRUE GRIT RTDs PATDs RD. We are thankful Chief didn’t fit in his placement and made it back to us via Dana MacKenzie. Dana rescued, trained, worked, trialed, and WTCH’d Chief. His first Post Advanced score was 123 and his second was 124. I picked him up and planned to finish his PA titles and tune him for the Colorado Stockdog Finals. A bad leg injury halted his progress and put an end to his trialing career. Vets assure us he’ll still work the ranch.
- CROWN POINT COW PUNCHER. We can’t leave out Punch just because he doesn’t have any titles. Punch has sons and daughters with titles from open BC trials in Europe. In fact, Punch sired the 5th generation Crown Point line there, starting with Ace, then Max, then Ace back to Max daughters, then Jack son, then Punch.
- CROWN POINT ACE HIGH SLICK just like handling his dad group, rate, eye, grip.
- CROWN POINT RED JACKS R WILD Jack in a dark red suit, same great talent.
- CROWN POINT PURSEUS His sire works a huge dairy every day, his dam works a commercial beef cattle ranch every day. Percy is sweet natured, tough on stock but not vicious.
- CROWN POINT RED BARONESS only on cattle twice, she heeled the first time and turned the head. Second time, she worked with Chief; heeled, hit the head, and a front foot twice. Nice.
- CROWN POINT SERE Percy’s litter mate
- CROWN POINT FLAMEN ACES W GRIT Ace daughter from frozen semen. Flame works a lot like Ronnie above except she prefers to work further out. Georgeous red merle.
- Hall of Fame Sire WTCH CROWN POINT INSPIRATOR BAR LW RDcs RTDcs. Better known as Spir, he took Wade Carter to the 1st ASCA National Stockdog Finals. Of course we thought he was much better than the 2nd place in Cattle he received.
- WTCH CROWN POINT RED BARON W LAZY J RTDcs RDc. Another awesome cattle dog, owned by Betty Williams.
- WTCH CROWN POINT ARLEY TWO
- WTCH CROWN POINT REBIKHAN MYRICK
- WTCH CROWN POINT MILLISSA W LAZY J
- WTCH CROWN POINT TRUE GRIT DIXIE
- WTCH CROWN POINT JESSE JAMES
- Hall of Fame Sire WTCH CROWN POINT CRIMSON TIDE RDcs RTDcs PATDcs
- WTCH CROWN POINT ACE OF SPADES RDcs RTD cs PATDcs. Another golden cross, Ti and Ace are world famous brothers. My favorite competition with Ace and Ti was in 1996 in Bozeman , Montana . Three days, a buckle for HIT, High Combined Aussie and Other Breed, High Combined Cattle and Most Promising Started. A full trial with good handlers and dogs from CA, MI, ID, NM, MT, CO, and a couple real good Montana cattle ranch Border Collies, and of course all the good Montana ranch Aussies, and couple from Michigan. The Montana Club members refused to tarp the back fence for cattle runs because “a good dog could pull them off”. Ace won all the buckles except the HC OB and MPS. They said it was really close though– another dog was right behind Ace and sometimes ahead. Ti had one point less for HIT and a half point less for Hi Combined. They tied scores for the HC Cattle buckle with Ace winning it by time. Don’t remember now, but it was something like a combination of 10 to 15 seconds more time for Ti.
- WTCH CROWN POINT EMPEROR NAPOLEON RTDsc. Nap was so talented. He finished his WTCH without flank commands, with multiple HIT and HC awards. He finished his WTCH the day before my accident.
- Hall of Fame Dam CROWN POINT KK KHYAN. Khyan is the daughter of HOF , and the dam of HOF offspring.
- Hall of Fame Dam CROWN POINT FIRE STARTER. Again, Fire is both the daughter and the dam of HOF dogs.
- WTCH CROWN POINT DARK CHASE
- WTCH CROWN POINT SILK
- CH CROWN POINT MICK
DESCRIPTION: Our breeding goals are to produce the best working dogs while conforming to the breed standard. We must provide sound minds as well as sound bodies, genetically guarenteed. We raise strong dogs with eye, that are biddable when on stock. Since it is necessary for our dogs to go to and find stock without direction, gather and bring to us, we also breed for intelligence, instinct and savvy in spades.