Neal and Judy DeShazo, Waller, TX
BeretFarms.com – email@example.com – 713-542-4097
- puppies occasionally
- stud service
- started dogs occasionally
- stockdog training
- herding lessons
- full Boer goats and Dorper/Katadin cross sheep (available for sale once yearly)
- WTCH BERET’S XENA WARRIOR PRINCESS PATDcs DNA-VP. ASCA sheep Finalist 2000-2003, ASCA duck Finalist 2001-2003, ASCA cattle Finalist 2002 and 2003. 4th place SWASA Bluebonnet Maturity 2004
- WTCH TACOMA’S SANDMAN PATDcs RTDcs RDX. Multiple HIT winner, Top Ten ASCA Finals in sheep, cattle, and ducks 1992-2000
- WTCH HEARTHSTONE’S PINK TERA BERET RTDcs. ASCA cattle finalist 1994-95, ASCA merit winner 1993-94
- WTCH ROLLER’S JASPER RTDc DNA-CP, HOF sire #113
- DIAMOND S LADY ZEE STDc DNA-CP, HOF dam #105
- BERET’S DESHAZO MIC OTDs, STDcd, DNA-VP, 3rd place Bluebonnet Futurity 2004
- WTCH BERET’S DOGONE GRIT PATDsc RTDsc, DNA-VP, 2001 Finals Cattle and 2002 Cattle and Sheep Winner
- WTCH BERET’S BRISKWINN DOLLAR RTDs DNA-VP
- WTCH BERET’S HEATHER, 2nd place Bluebonnet Futurity 2004
- WTCH BERET’S HANNAH
- BERET’S DOGONE GRIDGET OTDds STDc
- BERET’S DR. PEPPER OF BERGERT OTDs STDdc
DESCRIPTION: We have been breeding and training registered Australian Shepherds since the 1990’s. We like to train and trial our dogs before breeding them to make sure they have all the instinct, confidence on stock and inner drive to work that we look for in our dogs. We breed 2 to 3 litters a year and keep several pups. We then breed the pup with the most amount of natural herding ability. Our goal is to produce a structurally sound, confident dog that has the natural ability to work stock with a minimum amount of training. Natural ability includes keeping his stock gathered and moving in a controlled manner, having a strong desire to work, and having the confidence and quite power to move stock without unnecessary force.
Neal has trained and trialed Australian Shepherds since 1988 and is an approved ASCA stockdog judge. Our Australian Shepherd, WTCH Tacoma Sandman, PATDcs, RTDcs, RDX placed in the top ten at the ASCA finals competition from 1992 until he retired in 1997. Sandman was also the first dog to ever receive the post-advanced titles on sheep and cattle with ASCA and has multiple High in Trial Awards. Judy has trained, trialed and earned Working Trial Championships (WTCH) on Australian Shepherds, Australian Kelpies and Border Collies. Judy has weekly classes for most herding breeds at Beret Farms for both handler and dog and also does occasional boarding and training for ranchers. Anyone interested in stockdog training is encouraged to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 936-931-9464.
The DeShazo’s have trialed in ASCA and AHBA trials. Neal is the Chair of the newly formed Australian Shepherd Trialing Association (ASTA) which holds “points and time” trials.(NOT affiliated with ASCA).